For all Golden Gate patients, with emphasis on our pregnant population, based on the SF Department of Health social distancing guidelines, we are recommending avoidance of:
- non-essential travel involving contact with crowds e.g. air travel, public transportation
- large gatherings e.g. sporting events, concerts, banquet style restaurants, professional
- known sick contacts, where possible
If telecommuting is an option, then this is strongly encouraged.
How to reduce the risk of getting sick and spreading disease:
- wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizers containing alcohol may be
- used where soap and water is not available.
- cover cough and sneeze with arm, not hand
- avoid touching face
- when in public spaces consider wearing gloves which should be laundered daily
If you think you have been in contact with a person with high suspicion for COVID-19 e.g. respiratory illness and recent travel to China, Italy, Iran, Korea
- Self-quarantine for a period of at least 14 days. If develops symptoms, call office.
- Cancel upcoming prenatal visits
For the safety of all of our patients, staff and physicians, please use discretion in your exposure to other patients if you think you have the flu or other seasonal illness. Please contact our office by phone if you are unsure if you should be seen in the office for any reason.