Losing weight isn’t just about eating less or cutting down on fast food and desserts. It’s also about maintaining a healthier diet by eating healthier foods. By replacing all of those sugars and trans fats with weight loss foods that contain actual nutrients such as vitamins and minerals, you’ll not only lose weight, you’ll become a healthier individual as well. The following are a number of foods that you should introduce into your diet to help aid your weight loss and to put you back on track to a healthier lifestyle:
- Beans and Lentils – Beans and lentils are absolutely packed with nutrients. Just a few of these nutrients include potassium, zinc, magnesium, complex carbs, protein and fiber. In addition to being low in fat, beans and lentils have been proven to help lower bad cholesterol while raising what’s known as “good” cholesterol. The large amount of protein also helps to keep you full, preventing you from feeling the desire to eat more. If that weren’t enough, not only are they easy to integrate into any meal, they’re easy on the wallet too.
- Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt, especially plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, is a fantastic source of vitamins B6 and B12, protein, potassium, zinc and calcium. Greek yogurt contains less sugar calories than normal yogurts and almost twice the amount of protein, which is why it’s such a staple for people who are atempting to lose weight. Not to mention that you can have a Greek yogurt at practically any time of the day. Try mixing it with a little bit of honey, or with a variety of your favorite fruits.
- Red Cabbage – Red cabbage is stuffed full of antioxidants, vitamins A, D and K, and fiber. The high amount of fiber in red cabbage is especially helpful for weight loss. In addition to helping to transport cholesterol out of your system, fiber also helps to slow down your rate of digestion, thereby making you feel fuller. There’s very little calories present in red cabbage as well, not to mention that the vegetable is quite versatile; you can eat it raw or cook it as well as by itself or in a number of dishes.
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes are one of the best vegetables that you could include into your diet, and one of the most naturally delicious ones as well. Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin C, beta carotene, potassium and fiber and low in calorie content. In fact, try having a sweet potato instead of a normal potato with dinner. While normal potatoes contain around 400 to 500 calories a serving, sweet potatoes only contain around 100 calories per serving.
- Watermelon – This sweet and succulent fruit is perfect for a summer afternoon snack or even an after dinner dessert. In addition to being just plain delicious, watermelon contains very few calories and boasts a large amount of vitamins A and C, lycopene and potassium. Watermelon also contains a lot of water, which you should be drinking plenty of.
- Canned Tomatoes – Tomatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables available. You can slice them up in salads, put them on sandwiches, use them for soups, make a sauce or salsa with them and more. They should also be part of any weight loss diet; one can of chopped tomatoes contains around two grams of fiber while only containing 32 calories and absolutely no grams of fat.
If you are determined to lose weight, then make sure that you include some of these weight loss foods into your diet today. Also ask your healthcare what foods are right for you.
The post Six Tasty Weight Loss Foods appeared first on RemedyPress.